Our Asterid 1000HB (Heated bed) takes our base model an adds a PCB heated bed. A heated bed allows for printing in ABS by preventing warping of the parts. In addition to the heated bed the Asterid 1000HB also upgrades the print surface to borosilicate glass which is one of the flattest surface known to man. A flat print surface helps achieve world class results from a 3D printer due to the fact that the first layer is completely uniform. With three resolution settings (extra fine, fine and course) and a whopping 512 cubic inch build volume, our Asterid 1000HHB desktop 3D printer is the simplest, fastest and cost effective tool available for making quality 3D models.
• Build volume 8" x 8" x 8"
• Uses standard 1.75mm NON-proprietary plastic filament (ABS or PLA recommended)
• Strong extruded aluminum and wood frame with built-in filament spool holder
• Fully assembled & tested
• Heated Borosilicate glass build surface
• 240W power supply
• Open design (no outer cover or door provided)
• Z-axis ACME lead screws standard
• X and Y-axis utilize GT2 timing belts for high efficiency and low backlash
• Optional LCD display with SD card reader for computer-free 3D printer control
• Optional SDRamps module with Micro SD card reader for tetherless 3D printing
• Open-source software supplied on CD and downloadable from our website, please see our how-to guides on How to Install the software
All printers will ship with a software CD, but the software is also available to download via your internet connection.
• Fully configured Pronterface and Slic3r software which uses stereolithography (.STL) files as input
• We supply software for Windows computers, but open source software for the Mac & Linux is available
What's in the box?
• Plastic Scribbler Asterid Desktop 3D Printer, fully assembled & tested
• Software CD
• USB Cable
• Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
• Ramps v1.4 Motherboard
• Physical dimensions: 18.625" x 18.625" x 18.625" (L x W x H)
• Extruder moves in the vertical plane (Z-X), build platform moves in the horizonal plane (X-Y)
• Spring loaded geared extruder with .4mm nozzle
• ABS filament recommended, but extruding PLA or other thermoplastics is possible.
• Power supply works on both US voltage (115VAC) or European voltage (230VAC).
• .4mm nozzle diameter (replaceable nozzle)
• All metal hot-end
• Epocs NTC 100k 1% thermistor used on both hotend and HBP
• 3 layer height settings: .3mm, .2mm, .1mm (other layer heights possible)
• Full 30 day money back guarantee. If you're unhappy with the purchase of your 3D printer for whatever reason, just return it for a full refund. All you pay is return shipping.
More sample prints