Finally a 3D printer for the layman, the 2nd generation product Asterid 2000 is an advanced additive manufacturing device capable of high resolution 3D prints. With three resolution settings (fine, medium and course) and a whopping 608 cubic inch build volume, the Asterid 2000 advanced desktop 3D printer is the simplest, fastest and cost effective tool available for making quality 3D models.
- Fully assembled & tested
- Heater cartridge hot end heating element
- Build volume 8" x 8" x 9.5"
- Uses standard 1.75mm NON-proprietary plastic filament (ABS or PLA recommended)
- Strong extruded aluminum and wood frame with built-in filament spool holder
- Plate glass build surface with blue painters tape
- 120W power supply
- Open design (no outer cover or door provided)
- Z-axis Tr8*8, 4 Start, 2mm Pitch, 8mm precision trapezoidal(metric) lead screws. Pitch and diameter are a perfect combination of high torque and speed -- uniform, smooth, precise threads of superior linear motion
- X and Y-axis utilize GT2 timing belts for high efficiency and low backlash
- DRV8825 Stepper drivers feature adjustable current limiting, over-current and over-temperature protection and six micro-step resolutions (down to 1/32 step)
• Open-source software, downloadable on our website, please see our how-to guides on How to Install the software
All printers will ship with a software CD, but the software is also available to download via your internet connection.
• Fully configured Pronterface and Slic3r which uses stereolithography (.STL) files as input
• We supply software for Windows computers, but open source software for the Mac, & Linux is available
What's in the box?
• Plastic Scribbler Asterid Desktop 3D Printer, fully assembled & tested
• Software CD
• USB Cable
• Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
• Ramps v1.4 Motherboard
• Extruder moves in the vertical plane (Z-X), build platform moves in the horizonal plane (X-Y)
• Spring loaded geared extruder with .4mm nozzle
• PLA recommended, ABS possible but suggested only with heated bed
• Power supply works on both US voltage (115VAC) or European voltage (230VAC)
• 3 layer height settings: .3mm, .2mm, .1mm (other layer heights possible)
Here are some sample prints printed with the Asterid series 3D printer: